A classic favorite comfort food made from scratch (the faster way of doing “scratch”) is good any time of the year. You can add any additional ingredients you want because Campbell’s can’t claim this recipe. The hearty chunks of chicken and wide egg noodles are soul-warming. This is what HOME with changing seasons tastes like.
- 1 (14 oz.) can of low fat, less sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 stalks green onions including the green and white parts, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cup dry egg noodles
- 4 Tbsp cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Heat broth, water, onions, and basil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Add garlic, chicken, and carrots to pot and simmer on med-low for 20 minutes.
- Bring temperature up to medium-high heat and add frozen peas and egg noodles. Boil for 6 minutes.
- Serve soup and garnish each serving with 1 Tbsp of cilantro.
231.9 cal; 2.3 g fat; 18.6 g carb; 2.9 g fiber; 32.8 g protein