You can stuff these chicken rolls with just about anything you like. This recipe is created for a Phase 2 HCG meal, but below you will also find Phase 3 modifications to fit your specific diet needs. If you are craving a homestyle “momma’s kitchen” type of meal, this will do the trick. It is easier than it looks and you can be creative with the ingredients.
- 4 servings chicken breast (400 grams)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of Morton light Salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth (or water)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start out by pounding each chicken to about 1/4? thick. You can use a mallot, or back of a large spoon. I also cover the chicken with wax paper or place in a plastic bag to avoid any splatter.
- Place spinach, onion, garlic, lemon juice, and spices in a medium saucepan and briefly heat and stir to incorporate flavors and wilt spinach.
- Drain liquid from saucepan and place a mound of spinach mixture toward the end of each chicken breast. Roll the spinach inside the chicken breast and secure with a toothpick.
- Place rolls in a 9X9 baking dish and add chicken broth. Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- PHASE 3 MODIFICATIONS: Add a smear of ricotta cheese inside the chicken roll. Top cooked chicken with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
151.1 cal; 1.6 g fat; 758.8 g potassium; 6.9 g carb; 2.7 g fiber; 0.5 g sugar; 27.2 g protein