This is a great meal with hardly any cook time – total of about 7 minutes. Dusted in a cornmeal mix, it has just the right amount of crisp texture surrounding the tender, flakey fish fillet. The puddle of mint sauce adds a refreshing, flavorful snap with a hidden vitamin-packed ingredient that you won’t even notice. Mmmm…this is what’s for dinner!
- 2 servings tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Dash chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Morton light salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and cored
- 1 cup spinach (the hidden vitamin source)
- Rinse and pat dry tilapia fish fillets and set to the side.
- Prepare frying pan with olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Mix cornmeal, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a medium flat dish.
- Carefully dredge fish in cornmeal dry mix coating both sides.
- Fry fish for 3-4 minutes on each side until it easily flakes apart.
- Put remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend.
- If sauce is too thick and mixture won't spin, add a little water 1/2 tsp at a time to avoid a runny sauce.
- Arrange fish on a puddle of mint sauce to serve. Garnish with mint leaves and add a healthy side of your choice!
320 cal; 9.6 g fat; 725.1 mg potassium; 34.5 g carb; 6.1 g fiber; 24.9 g protein