Cool, crisp egg salad sandwich. Change up breakfast and still get your egg protein and avocado healthy fats. Or make this a delicious and filling lunch. This is best served cold; perfect for summer!
- 5 eggs, boiled, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Smart Balance Omega Plus Light Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Dijon or Spicy Brown mustard
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 lg. dill pickle, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Dash black pepper
- Sprinkle paprika
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 servings green leaf lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Boil eggs for 12 minutes. Run under cold water until cool to the touch. This will also help the shell separate from the egg. Hit the shell with the back of a spoon all over, then peel.
- Mix first 8 ingredients together and put in fridge or freezer to chill for at least 10 minutes.
- Place one slice of bread on a plate and top with lettuce. Add 1/2 egg salad mixture on top of lettuce. Sprinkle with paprika. Top with sliced avocado and another slice of bread.
379.6 cal; 23.6 g fat; 687.2 mg potassium; 30.5 g carb; 10.6 g fiber; 2.3 g sugar; 24.6 g protein