Quinoa “keen-wah” is the new rice…from South America! Protein, iron, magnesium, folate, phosphorous, manganese–the list goes on and on for this superfood! This little seed has it all, and its tasty too. Lemony Quinoa Salad makes a great lunch by itself or along side your dinner entrée.
- 1 cup of quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- Pinch of Morton light salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Put raw quinoa and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spirals will begin to separate.
- Whisk dried herbs, lemon juice, and olive oil in a small dish and pour over quinoa. Add beans, celery, and green onions to pot and heat for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool. Leftovers are even better the next day as the flavors marinade completely.
- 358 cal; 16.6 g fat; 44.3 g carb; 8.1 g fiber; 9.9 g protein
358 cal; 16.6 g fat; 44.3 g carb; 8.1 g fiber; 9.9 g protein