If you have never tried orange roughy, now is the time! The white, flaky fish is super healthy with a delicious mild taste. This meal is packed with protein and good fats! The pasta will be cooked al dente which is a firmer, healthier way to enjoy your pasta. Perfect dinner when you need a quick fix using dried herbs you already have in your cupboard, and an easy clean-up!
Orange Roughy & Pasta Packet
- 4 oz. orange roughy fillet (or other white fish)
- 2 oz. (1 serving) whole grain linguine, broken in half
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. parsley, dry
- 1/8 tsp. Morton light salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. Mrs. Dash lemon pepper
- 1/4 tsp basil, dry
- 1/2 tsp chives, dry
- 3 white peppercorn (or pepper)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- HEAT oven to 375ºF or grill on medium heat.
- PLACE noodles onto center of large sheet of heavy-duty foil (or double sheets of regular foil) with sides slightly turned up. Sprinkle with parsley and drizzle with olive oil. Top with fish. Sprinkle remaining seasonings and herbs on fish. Pour water and lemon juice into packet.
- BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place in single layer in shallow pan or on grill.
- BAKE 15 minutes OR grill 7 minutes each side. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packets. Don't forget to remove the peppercorn before you eat!
- TIP: Add 1/4 cup canned white beans for extra protein, fiber, and variety. You can also add spinach in the packet to get your greens.
409 cal; 16 g fat; 47.3 g carb; 6.6 g fiber; 23.5 g protein