Great appetizer for the holiday season! Bring something to the party that you and others can enjoy, while sticking to your diet. Quick, easy, and delicious homemade cocktail sauce is a real crowd pleaser.
- 200 grams raw shrimp (approximately 10-12 medium shrimp steamed)
- Cocktail sauce:
- 6 ounces tomato paste (1 can)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of horseradish or to taste
- Dash of mustard powder
- Stevia to taste
- Morton Light Salt and pepper to taste
- Water as needed for desired consistency
- Mix tomato paste, vinegar, horseradish, lemon juice and spices together and allow spices to marinate and dipping sauce to chill.
- Add additional water as needed to create desired consistency.
- Steam the shrimp until pink and well cooked.
- Chill shrimp for 30 minutes in the refrigerator and serve with cocktail dipping sauce.
Per Serving: 176.5 cal; 1.6 g fat; 18.3 g carb; 4.0 g fiber; 10.4 g sugar; 24.7 g protein
**Recipe courtesy of hcg-diet-recipes.recipes-network *dot* net.