This low carb chorizo, kale & pumpkin soup will warm you up and bring memories of snuggling up with loved ones on brisk fall evenings in October. Eat something healthy and delicious this fall!
Carbs per serving: 11 g
Calories per serving: 153
Protein per serving: 16 g
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 link of chorizo
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups pureed pumpkin or butternut squash
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- Pour the broth into the saucepan and chopped pumpkin. bring to a boil – reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Puree the soup in small batches (1 cup at a time) using a food processor or blender.
- Cook sausage in a saucepan. Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add puree, sausage, onion & water to a pot.
- Add kale to the pot and simmer until kale is withered about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with grated parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes.
Tip: Add a little squeeze of Franks Red Hot Sauce to really take the flavor up a notch!
Roast a handful of pumpkin seeds to add a little crunch.