Pumpkin spice everything? Yay OR Nay?!
These cinnamon spice pumpkin seeds are making us drool over here, and we feel like it’s the perfect healthy way to celebrate fall! With only a handful of ingredients at 66 Cal per serving… This one is a no-brainer!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 3 cups of Pumpkin Seeds *dried for at least 24 hours
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 tbsp Sugar Substitute
- 1 tsp Salt
To dry pumpkin seeds:
- Remove from pumpkins and rinse. Spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Let sit at room temperature for 24 hours and stir occasionally.
To make the pumpkin seeds:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Very lightly grease a large baking pan, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt coconut oil or butter in a large microwave-safe bowl or on the stovetop in a 4-quart pot.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Mix in pumpkin seeds until they are all evenly coated.
- Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin seeds and mix until all they are evenly coated.
- Spread pumpkin seeds on your prepared baking pan in single layer.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until seeds begin to brown.
- Let it cool & enjoy!
Carving three large pumpkins resulted in 3 cups of seeds. You can easily halve this recipe to accommodate the number of seeds you harvest from your pumpkins!