Don’t get bored on keto. Pesto is a delicious KETO FRIENDLY way to flavor or foods. Check out this lamb chop recipe!
1 lb. lamb chops (4 oz. each)
olive oil (about 1/2 cup plus an additional tablespoon divided)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Montreal steak seasoning
1/2 cup almond slivers, toasted
1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
1 cup baby spinach leaves
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 medium clove garlic
2 tsp swerve or sugar free sweetener
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a cast iron skillet (or some other oven-proof skillet) over medium high heat.
3. Sprinkle both sides of the lamb chops with Montreal steak seasoning.
4. Quickly sear the chops, about 2-3 minutes on each side then move the skillet to the oven and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes or until chops reach desired degree of doneness. An instant read thermometer will register 140 degrees for rare. Remove the chops to a plate and tent with foil while you make the pesto.
5. Combine the rest of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a chopping blade.
6. Turn on the processor and slowly drizzle in up to 1/2 cup of olive oil through the feed tube processing until the pesto has a slightly saucy, emulsified consistency.
7. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve chops with 1 tablespoon of pesto on top of each one, and with the rest of the pesto in a small bowl to add more at the table if you wish.