Here’s our Baja Chicken with Zucchini Shell Tacos. They’ll remind you and your friends of relaxing at a little taco stand by the beach after a warm summer day of sand and sun spent in Cabo.
Zucchini Taco Shells
- Heat oven to 400° & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put zucchini in a strainer and lightly salt. Let sit in the sink or over a bowl to drain as much moisture as possible, about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together zucchini, almond flour, cheese, egg, and garlic powder. Season with pepper.
- Scoop 1/4-cup onto the baking sheet, then press each gently down until 1/8-inch thick.
- Bake until the shells are lightly browned and crisp, about 25 minutes.
Skinny Baja Chicken Tacos
- Slice chicken breasts thin, into 1/4 inch strips, and place in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix to evenly coat the chicken with olive oil and spices.
- Preheat a large skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Sauté chicken for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned and the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the cabbage. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine ingredients until smooth. Spoon mixture into a plastic baggy and cut the corner off to open a 1/4 inch hole.
- Arrange chicken, cabbage slaw, and your favorite toppings.
- Pipe the chipotle sauce over each taco using the baggy, drizzle with lime juice, and enjoy!