Want a tasty and MD diet approved protein meal this winter season? Then look no further than this Truffle Steak w/ Mushrooms meal! You’ll need:
2 lbs. Lean trimmed Steak
12 ounces button mushrooms
1⁄2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 sprig fresh rosemary
- If you’re using a gas grill, turn off half of the burners so you have one side that provides direct heat, with the other providing indirect heat.
- Sear the steaks for one minute over direct heat. After 1-2 minutes, flip them to the other side and sear until both sides are grilled according to your liking.
- Coat a skillet lightly with olive oil.
- Add the onions, garlic, rosemary and mushrooms to the skillet. Cook over medium high heat for 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are a golden brown color.
- Remove skillet from heat. Season with salt, pepper and truffle oil according to your preference.
- Transfer the steaks to a serving platter and top with the cooked mushrooms.
Enjoyed this meal and want some more recipes? Click here to see our recipe for some chicken shish kebabs.