This Ceviche w/Avocado & Creamy Cilantro Lime Coleslaw is perfect if you are following the Keto Diet. You can even enjoy the Ceviche without the avocado and coleslaw to make it fit into our High Protein of HCG Diet programs.
1/3 cup shallots, thinly sliced
1 pound fresh fish- sea bass, red snapper, corvina, tilapia, or Hamachi – diced into 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 large Avocado
1. In a small bowl, salt the shallots generously and let stand 15 minutes until they begin to release their liquid. Rinse well.
2. Place fish, shallots, salt, pepper, jalapeño pepper, red bell pepper, lemon and lime juice in a resealable container, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. The fish will become cured and opaque as it marinates. The longer it marinates, the firmer it will become.
3. Before serving, mix in the parsley and olive oil. Taste for salt and add more if necessary.
1 small head purple cabbage shredded
1 heaping teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
3-4 large scallions thinly sliced
1 large jalapeno stem and seeds removed, julienned or minced
3/4 cup plain greek yogurt same as 5.3 ounce serving
1 tsp stevia
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice from one large lime
1 teaspoon lime zest from that same large lime
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon cumin pepper to taste
1. Shred your cabbage and place in a large strainer in the sink. Sprinkle the salt all over the cabbage and work it in with your hands. Allow to sit for at least 15min to allow the cabbage to get mildly limp.
2. In a small bowl, combine honey, yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, zest, garlic, and cumin.
3. In a large bowl, toss together cilantro, scallions, jalapeno, and salted cabbage. Cover with dressing and stir to combine.
4. Serve immediately or prepare up to one day in advance.