If you love tasty subs and wraps but are trying to lose weight and follow a low-carb diet then these MD Diet Deli Turkey Lettuce Wraps will hit the spot!
1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and outer leaves removed
1 tablespoon grainy mustard
4 slices organic turkey
1 slice cheese, cut in half
2 slices tomato
1 thin slice red onion
1 piece of parchment paper, 14″ x 14″
1. Lay large square of parchment down on your work surface.
2. Layer 5-8 large pieces of lettuce in the middle of parchment paper. You want your lettuce base to measure out to be about 9″ by 10″. If your lettuce pieces are breaking, it’s okay to layer smaller ones together.
3. Spread mustard in the middle of the lettuce wrap.
4. Layer turkey, cheese, tomato and red onion on top of mustard.
5. Using parchment paper as a guide, roll the lettuce up as tightly as you can, starting with the end closest to you.
6. Once the roll has begun, tuck the ends of the wraps towards the middle.
7. Continue to roll the lettuce wrap, keeping it as tight as possible and using the parchment paper to guide you.
8. When it is completely wrapped, roll the remainder of the parchment around the lettuce tightly.
9. Using a serrated knife, slice though the lettuce wrap almost completely, leaving the bottom piece of the parchment intact. This helps keep it together.