Escape the winter weather with a taste of the Caribbean! Warm up and stay slim with this low-calorie fresh fish and tasty tomatoes. All in only 10 minutes!
Ginger Mahi Mahi
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook time: 5-10 min
- 100g mahi-mahi (or any white fish)
- 1 tsp olive oil (or your preference to keep the fish from sticking)
- sliced tomato
- juice of ½ – 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 tsp Ginger
- Black pepper to taste
- Use a paper towel to pat the fish dry on both sides.
- Sprinkle on Seasoning Mix.
- Warm the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. (The pan is ready when a flick of water sizzles on contact with the pan.)
- Lay the fish, seasoned-side down, in the pan.
- Cook the fish for 2 to 3 minutes without moving it. When ready to flip, the underside should look golden and crispy.
- Season the other side of the fish while the first side cooks.
- Flip the fish to the second side and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. When ready, the fish will be opaque all the way through and flake apart easily.
- Serve the fish while still hot from the pan with tomatoes slices. White fish can often be very flaky after cooking; don’t worry if it flakes apart a bit as you serve it.
Tip: Saute the tomatoes in the pan after the fish for an extra punch of flavor