Craving delicious pizza with melty cheese, warm, toasty crust and savory toppings, but trying to lose weight? Then you’ll love our low-carb, MD Diet friendly Cauliflower Crust Pizza.
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Carbs per serving: 2g
- 1 3/4 cups cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 tbsp of pumpkin
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp shallots
- 3/4 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp of parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red chilli flakes
- 1/2 lb chicken breast, diced & grilled
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor and process until fine, pour mixture into bowl, cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes, or until soft. Remove excess liquid by draining cauliflower mixture in a mesh strainer, pressing down on the mixture with a serving spoon or spatula. Lightly whisk the egg. In a bowl combine the cauliflower, half the parmesan and the egg.
- Line a 12″ round pizza tray with baking paper. Spread cauliflower mixture evenly around the tray, pressing in firmly. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cube the pumpkin and place in a Tupper-ware container and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes, or until soft. Mash or blend the pumpkin, finely chop the tomato, mix in tomato; add salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Take the cauliflower crust out of the oven and evenly spread pumpkin mixture. Top with mozzarella, shredded chicken, bell pepper, onion, shallots and the remaining tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Place back in the oven for around 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately, we recommend using a knife and fork to eat this pizza, as the crust is more fragile than normal pizza crust.