Love Breakfast foods as much as we do! Try out our recipe for a Keto Frittata! You won’t want to miss this one!
INGREDIENTS FOR YOUR KETO FRITTATAS
Raw Egg – 6 large (300g or 10.58 oz)
Heavy Cream – 2 tablespoon (30g or 1.05 oz)
Salt – 0.12 teaspoon (1g or 0.03 oz)
Black Pepper – 0.25 teaspoon (1g or 0.02 oz)
Garlic Powder – 0.25 teaspoon (1g or 0.03 oz)
Onion Powder – 0.5 teaspoon (1g or 0.04 oz)
Crushed Red Pepper – ¼ tsp (1g or 0.04 oz)
Olive Oil – 1 ½ teaspoon (7g or 0.24 oz)
Breakfast Sausage – 4 ounce (113g)
Spinach – 1 ounce (28g)
Provolone Cheese – 3 slices – each 2/4 ounce (63 g)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and red pepper. Set this aside.
- In a 10” iron skillet or a muffin pan if you want the muffin shape, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Make sure the skillet or muffin pan is completely heated before continuing. Then, add in the ground breakfast sausage. Use a spoon to break up the sausage and cook until browned and slightly crispy.
- Rip up the spinach with your hands and toss on top of the sausage. It should cook down quickly. Then, stir it into the sausage.
- Break one slice of provolone into four pieces and place them over the skillet or muffin top’s ingredients. Then, immediately pour the egg mixture into the skillet or muffin top. Cook the skillet or muffin top on a medium heat until it is almost entirely cooked through. The edge will golden slightly, but the very center of the frittata will still be jiggly. This can take 5-7 minutes. You can adjust the heat to avoid burning.
- Remove the skillet or muffin pan from the stove top. Cut the remaining cheese into fourths, and place them over the frittata. Then, bake the skillet or muffin pan in the oven for about 15 minutes. The cheese will bubble and golden, and the egg will be just cooked through.
- For serving, slice the frittata into 4 parts. You may garnish with chopped parsley at your discretion. Enjoy!
Enjoy this recipe? Take a look at one of our other breakfast Keto-friendly recipes, our Bulletproof Coffee recipe!